The paper provides a clear overview of the process of converting peat land through drainage, its related emissions over time and mapping of the extent and depth of peat. The paper can be found here.
The Phase 1 low ILUC pilot reports can be downloaded here:
- Pilot Colombia, yield increase of palm oil by improved irrigation on a large integrated plantation and mill
- Pilot Malaysia, yield increase of palm oil by thinning and replanting of high yielding seedlings on different parts of a large plantation
- Pilot France, yield increase through sequential cropping with cereals or oilseeds on an arable farm with biogas
- Pilot Uruguay, yield increase through sequential cropping of Brassica carinata with soy bean as the main crop
- Pilot Ukraine, cultivation on abandoned land for a 10ha plot that has been abandoned since the 1990s